20090425

Power Chef 2009

Sorry readers, I missed some of the photos which taken during Earth Day (the day we had our recycling project). The post will postpone until I get the photos from Chi Ling. Hope ya guys don't mind =)
------------------------------
Few weeks ago I registered to join a cooking competition which is held in KDU College. Just yesterday I only noticed that the name of the competition is Power Chef. ==' I don't really know how to cook, I just want to have a better testimonial and co-curriculum marks =) Today I just rely on my partner. LOL.

We arrived there exactly at 8 o'clock. But our teacher hadn't arrived yet, which made all PCGHS students nervous, as we can't register without the presence of our teacher.
There were hundreds of contestant there.
Priority is our team's name, the word is adapted from Tze Teng's shirt. We were too nervous to think a name for our team. Lol. Success was Selena and Ying Shan's. It's at least better than Pei Qi and Hui Chin's CHOP-CHOP. x)
They gave us a judging criteria and breakfast after we registered. We then went to the canteen to join our friends.
Tha nasi lemak which everyone DOESN'T like to eat. LOLNah.. Hui Chin siao po... The new face in my blog x)After we entered the competition area, we noticed that other schools prepared table clothes, flowers, candles, table decorations etc. Oh shoot, most of PCGHS's didn't prepare a thing! We didn't even thought about it. After saw them decorating their table, we was so ZOMG. No wonder their bags so huge. Lol.
PCGHS gals only bring this nia~ Nah...
Well, the 1st round: Salad Preparation. 15 minutes~ Awww! I was so no talent in cooking, I just followed Tze Teng's instruction. I did all the slicing and chopping only. =="
Our salad
2nd round quest: Sandwich (I forget to snap it while going out)
She sings well =)
After that, they started the elimination ceremony. Only half of the participants were allowed to stay to continue their match. 30 teams left; Tze Teng and me manage to squeeze in, unfortunately Success team and CHOP-CHOP team can't make it =(

Round 3's quest was Cake Decoration. Tze Teng used her creativity to do this, and I'm just a lil helper. Now think of it, I didn't really contribute a thing. Zzz

The judges/chefs With luck, we managed to squeeze in top 15. Which statisfy us already. Round 4's quest was Frying Noodles. This time we didn't perform well, we cooked too much noodles and was so kelam kabut ==' As expected, we can't enter Top 5. Lol! Luckily one of PCGHS team managed to enter the last round. Their quest is to cook Italian Noodles (Spaghetti)
Top 5: They're from PCGHS =PWhile they were competing, we had our lunch at KDU's Bon Appetit, which has a better atmosphere compared to the canteen. LOLMy lunch, onion tart had entered my stomach already =) Selena Ong Hui Lin is eating~ XD Just after we finished our lunch, we heard announcements, we then rushed to the stage and see what's happening. They took out the trophies already =D Boredom. We started to snap photos while waiting for our car. Me, Pei Qi and SelenaPriority: Tze Teng and Sun YonFinally, they announced the winner. CLHS win again ==" 1st runner-up was from Chung Hwa, I think, I wasn't sure as my bro already arrived. I can't get the chance to see who's 2nd runner-up. Hmm... Who is it? =\
Well, this competition was fun. Hundreds of emotions all the way, and I learned how to cook too! Weee~ Next Saturday Fire Brigades planned to held a Cooking Competition at school.

Yes, I had joined that activity... Let's cook again next week XD

No comments: