20091213

Completion of Octagon Pavilion, Kek Lok Si Temple

This morning I just went to Kek Lok See Temple, today is the last day for chanting ceremony. Now think of it, I haven't been there for years!
This ceremony started on 9th December and ends today. I actually were going to the ceremony but cancel as individuals needed to wake up at 2am midnight and attend the ceremony until 10 morning, this task was tough for me, as I can't afford to sacrifice my bed time. However, today my mom asked us to go to pray for awhile as this chanting ceremony is going to end today.

On the way, there's a serious traffic jam going on. What to do? Today is a Sunday. Duh...
But at the same time I was excited too, as the Octagon Pavilion already complete =D
It was hard to find a parking place on the top, and most of the drivers up there was reckless. As it is free of charge for parking up there.
No choice, we parked our car at some place, and took the incline lift up to the bronze statue of Goddess of Mercy. The completion of Octagon Pavilion attracted a lot of tourist, most of them wasn't worshipers. Most worshipers already in the building attending chanting ceremony.I heard my dad said that this monk is the one in charge for this ceremony. What a coincidence, he's quite friendly, though. We can't enter the ceremony hall as we didn't have a pass. Our family only had one pass, and it's with my mom, who was already inside since dawn. Anyway, it's smoky inside the air-con room. I guess this is the reason why this monk came out and took some fresh air outside. LOL.Although there's a shade for the Goddess of Mercy (Kuan Yin) statue, most part of the statue already blocked by the granite pillars. There's 16 granite pillars, by the way, supporting the three-tiered 60.9m roof pavilion. The grand opening of the pavilion will also mark the 118th anniversary of the Penang Kek Lok Si Temple.
This is the second floor.
The pillars were huge! The diameter of the pillars around 8 feet (yea, we measured it). There's a lot of cravings and wordings around the pillars. Honestly, it's spectacular. But I think we will get a better view at night, because of the light decorations.
Names of the pillar donars.Guys, we had a lot of holidays, right? Choose a day and visit there once a while. Chinese New Year, perhaps?
By the way, I heard my mom said that there was some people saw a "dragon" behind the statue of Goddess of Mercy during the opening ceremony. Those people managed to video it by using their handphone. Anyway, I saw the clip yesterday. Although I didn't believe it at the first place, but it's real =.=
A bunch of clouds formed a dragon's figure, "it" has horns too, and some colors.
A photographer also managed to snap a picture where there's a stray of light coming out from one of the statue inside a temple nearby. The photo was framed and place outside that temple.
Believe it or not?

3 comments:

yvonne said...

em.. i believe in ghost more? haha..
but i still believe it.
send me the link for the video!!

sun yon said...

lobak. tuh si bo lorh =(
see my kuan za za up youtube dee.

yvonne said...

=( too badddd